Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day One...


Well, here it is, my first blog on losing weight with a Pandora bracelet. Yes, it's strange, I'm sure eating a Pandora bracelet wouldn't have that many calories, but it's more what it represents. When I look at my wrist and see the empty bracelet, it spurs me on just a little to strive for weight loss just so I can fill the sucker up! For every two kg I lose, I will put a bead on my Pandora bracelet. When I get under 100kg, I will put on a super special bead - it's gold with a pink sapphire.

A bit about me. My name is Tiffany Alderson, I live with my partner, Stu and our furry 'kids' - two golden retrievers and two cats in western Sydney. I work as a Communications Manager for a construction equipment company which is enjoyable and challenging. I'm nearly 40 - October 27 is the big day. I had wanted to be at my goal weight of 71kg by then. But my mind thought otherwise and I'm currently a hefty 122.4kg.

However, looking back and thinking 'I should've done that, I shouldn't have eaten that' is both pointless and demoralising. So today is Day 1 of my weight loss challenge and it's also coincidentally the first day of the Michelle Bridges 12wbt challenge. I'm ready to change my life for the better.

It's lunchtime on day one and I've done well. I've had my breakfast smoothie which was suprisingly filling and tasty (and made for me by my wonderful partner Stu). I've eaten my curried egg sandwich and to stop myself reaching for the chocolate or other snacks, I had a cup of tea at the end of lunch. I'm due for another glass of water which will also help fill the void in my demanding sulking stomach deprived of vast quantities of food.

I'm terrible at keeping diaries and journals. But I realise it's the best way of keeping track of things, so I'm aiming to blog each day, just to let you know how I'm doing, good or bad.

So thanks for reading this, I hope you stay with me for the ride.

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment